A Catalyst for Sustainability at UD
The Sustainability Task Force was formed in the Fall of 2007 with support from UD’s Academic and Student Affairs Council. The Task Force’s Goals:
- Facilitated interdisciplinary networking
- Educated and Engaged the University community on sustainability topics
- Raised awareness on existing practices
- Encouraged education, research, service, and operations to build a more sustainable community.
The Sustainability Task Force developed UD’s first Carbon Action Plan, which was published in 2009. At the time it was the most ambitious carbon reduction plan in the nation for a large research university.
- Visit www.udel.edu/sustainability/energy for our latest progress.
- Visit www.udel.edu/sustainability/documents for a copy of the Climate Action Plan or copies of our Greenhouse Gas Inventories.
The Sustainability Task Force joined the Community Engagement Initiative in 2018. This culminated in the formation of the Sustainability Council in Spring 2020.
The Sustainability Council has adopted all of the initiatives, sub-committees and programming of the Sustainability Task Force. Visit www.udel.edu/sustainability/council for details!