Developing Study Abroad Opportunities
Would you consider organizing a short-term study abroad over winter session or summer? Use the resources the Center for Global Health offers to develop your idea and plan strategies to simplify your work in creating your program. Go to the informational meeting provided by Center for Global Programs & Services (CGPS) each semester and check out their FAQs and instructions for new faculty here. Proposals take about a semester to put together and are due a year in advance of the program. If you would like to schedule a meeting, please contact the Center by email.
Funding for global engagement
Faculty may consider the opportunity to participate in the Salzburg Global Seminar and may find support through CGPS. Please email the Center for Global Health for more information.
- US State Department – Fulbright
- Core Fulbright Scholar Program
- Distinguished Chair Awards
- Global Scholar Award
- NEXUS Regional Scholar Program
UD’s Office of Corporate and Foundation Relations assists faculty in identifying and securing funding opportunities from the private sector and foundations. To begin the search, the UD Library maintains database access here.
- Before you travel, check the U. S. Department of State site for travel alerts
- Interested in study abroad planning?
- Online student recommendation form for study abroad
- World Health Organization – global health data can be found at https://www.who.int/gho/en/
- CDC informs on global health at https://www.cdc.gov/
- Locally, the Delaware Academy of Medicine speaks to health and nutrition https://delamed.org/
- Template for Travel Tips Information