Germany: Glad I Came

Submitted by Rmonte’ Smack on the 2020 winter session program in Leipzig, Germany sponsored by the Department of Languages, Literatures, and Cultures…

As this is the last week, I am looking back on everything. I remember how I had hated being here in the beginning. Then I started to get more comfortable and began enjoying the environment, the people I was with, and the experience as a whole. Getting closer to the people I have met here, having this new experience and using a new language was and still is exciting. I originally regretting going on this program, but I slowly began to realize I am happy I took this opportunity because it is just wonderful and has changed my perspective about a lot of things. There is so much to experience and see in this planet we call our home, and my desire to travel to other places has drastically increased. I hope to keep in touch with the friends I met on this journey.

This is what the outside of the Reichstagsgebäude dome looks like from the rooftop terrace.