British Virgin Islands: Celebrating Beauty in St. John

Submitted by Lindsay Johnson on the 2020 winter session program in the Virgin Islands sponsored by the School of Nursing…

As my program comes to a close, I have been able to enjoy the beauty of St. John through various hikes and day trips to different bays on the island. One of my favorite experiences was an all-day kayak and snorkeling trip with the Virgin Islands Expedition Company. While kayaking and snorkeling, we saw a wide variety of ocean life, including green turtles, stingray, and many kinds of fish and coral. This was a great activity to do as a group and everyone enjoyed working as a team as we explored. Additionally, I thoroughly enjoyed hiking the Rams Head Trail with a small group of girls, and our instructor, Diane Rudolphi. We hiked over long beaches of rocks, portions of sand, and over steep hills. Once we got to the top, the view was breathtaking. In that moment, I was able to admire the true beauty of the islands as I reflected on my time abroad. I am incredibly grateful for this experience and truly treasure the enriching culture and people I have met on this program!

Taxi stop while traveling to Trunk Bay
Rams Head Trail