Australia: A Few “Firsts”

Submitted by a student on the 2020 winter session program in Australia and Thailand sponsored by the Alfred Lerner College of Business and Economics…

I am on my way back to the United States and am very excited to be back. Study abroad has been the opportunity of a lifetime and I am very glad UD gave my this chance. During my final week abroad, I have had the opportunity to experience many firsts and see sights I may never get the chance to see again.

I spent the last few days on my program visiting companies and saying good-bye to my classmates. We had a great 3 course meal overlooking the harbor bridge we had climbed just a few days before and reflected on all of our favorite moments of the program. Then about half of the students headed back to the United States and the rest of us continued on to Cairns.

We started our trip to Cairns by visiting the Great Barrier Reef where I got to see the reef, swim with a sea turtle, and learn all about the reef. We then got to do a tour of the rain forests and go swimming in a few lakes and waterfalls.

I am excited to return to UD in a few days and apply what I’ve learned while abroad to my future education.