Denmark: Visiting Copenhagen

Submitted by Danielle Tahan on the 2019 fall semester program in London, England…

I took my first trip outside of England to Copenhagen to visit one of my best friends from home! From start to finish, it was truly a magical trip. It started off with seamlessly traveling on my own to another country, which is a testament to how much my confidence has already grown while abroad. After being greeted by her in the airport, we explored the beauty in the people, canal, streets, landscape, and food of Copenhagen. It was my first experience in another European Country and I was not expecting to observe many differences, yet the lifestyle and structure of Copenhagen differs from London and does not even compare to America.

It was extremely enlightening to immerse myself in a different way of living. Denmark not only acknowledges their impact on the environment, but implements radical initiatives in their lifestyle. For instance, everyone travels by foot or bike. My favorite part of the journey was immersing myself into the community by getting around by bike. It was breathtaking to be biking around Copenhagen and exploring its beauty and culture.

Nyhavn
Me in Nyhavn
Parked bikes at metro stop
Rainbow spotted over the canal on our bike ride!