Work in Washington, D.C.

Submitted by Maxwell Lasher on the 2019 spring semester program in Washington, D.C. …

My work and school agenda is overwhelmingly tough, but since I am in my senior year, I have not prepared myself better for this semester in Washington, DC.  At the start of my second month, I feel completely adapted to the work environment at M&Q.  Surprisingly enough, I really enjoy the work and I do feel satisfied at the end of the day.  It is exhausting and sitting at a desk for 40-60 hours a week is killer, but I know it will work out.  I am surrounded by the country’s elite, when it comes to federal grant contracts, federal agency connections, and even connections with representatives of Congress.  I never forget that thought and it always gets me through the day.  Please see two pictures I took from outside of the White House today.  Today was the first day of my entire life (that I can remember) of ever going to the front gates of the White House.  What still shocks me about DC, is the progress of political ideals within the city. All walks of life support the widest range of political and policy opinions.  For example, I had just seen an African American man holding a sign that says “Build the Wall.”

Outside the White House
Andrew Jackson Statue