Visit to Berlin, Germany

Submitted by Nicole Anacay on the 2018 spring semester program in Athens, Greece sponsored by the College of Education & Human Development…

This past week, we traveled to Berlin for a couple of days. We saw all the major attractions such as the Berlin Wall, Cathedral, Victory Column and Museum Island. Nicely so, the monuments were all together on the same stretch of street. I found it amusing that the first museum we walked into on the island was featuring Greek art and life. While we are still in Europe, I found sharp differences between Berlin and Athens. The buildings have much more ornate and decorative architecture, many of them have sculptures and fancy molding on them. While the streets of Athens are also filled with shops and busy people, here in Berlin, people seem to move at a slower pace and are not in a rush to get to places. While it was a cool 25 degrees in Berlin, and Athens was in the high 60’s, I found the break to be refreshing and it reminded me of Delaware. My favorite part about the trip was the Cathedral, it was extremely large, had bright pops of color and a fabulous quote on the gates.

Atles Museum in Berlin
Cathedral
Victory column
Inside the Berlin Cathedral