On Campus Bulletin Boards and Displays
|Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services Policies
|On Campus Bulletin Boards and Displays
|Executive Vice President
|Responsible University Office:
|Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services
|April 15, 1975
|June 5, 1989; April 10, 1997; August 16, 2006
|Legacy Policy Number:
To ensure that University bulletin boards are used to display appropriate material.
The following policy pertains to the use of University bulletin boards:
- Bulletin boards in University buildings and on the campus are intended for notices and other materials related to the program and goals of the University. Commercial advertisements, promotions, etc., are not to be displayed on these bulletin boards.
- Any University of Delaware student, faculty member, staff member, department, or University recognized student organization, may post materials on bulletin boards. Anyone wishing to post an item must have the sponsoring name listed on each piece of material.
- Materials may be posted on bulletin boards only after authorization by the office responsible for each bulletin board as follows:
Source of Authorization Academic Depts/ Academic Buildings Department or Office concerned Library Commons Director of Libraries or designee Residence Halls/
Residence Commons Area
Director of Residence Life or designee Trabant University Center,
Perkins Student Center,
and outside bulletin boards
Associate Director, Event Services,
- Items are not to be posted on other University property, including walls, trees, doors, windows, pedestrian crosswalks, lamp posts, emergency phones, fence posts, steps, pathways, etc. Violations will subject the sponsoring organization, individual or department to cover the cost of removal, repair costs for damages, etc., resulting from unauthorized posting. Organizations, individuals, and departments will be charged $5.00 for removing each individual item posted in violation of this policy.
- No more than one poster (18″ x 22″) or two standard flyers (8.5″ x 11″) may be posted on any individual bulletin board concerning a single issue or event.
- Materials promoting an event must be removed no later than 48 hours after the event. Nondate-specific materials will be authorized for posting for thirty days from time of stamping.
- All materials posted on bulletin boards will be removed approximately at the end of each month and/or end of each semester, or when the board becomes overcrowded with materials and is unsightly. The University reserves the right to clear materials at any time, and is not responsible for materials removed by unauthorized individuals.