Redelivery of Large Material/Equipment
|Section:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services Policies|
|Policy Name:||Redelivery of Large Material/Equipment|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services|
|Origination Date:||September 15, 1975|
|Revisions:||March 1998; July 1, 2005|
|Legacy Policy Number:||5-07|
- PURPOSETo outline the procedure and necessary charges for handling and redelivery of large material or equipment from Campus Delivery to the ordering department.
- All material received by Campus Delivery for the University will be inspected as received for obvious damages and/or external damage to the carton/crate that might suggest internal damages. Any findings that might suggest a potential damage claim will be noted on appropriate shipping documents. Appropriate freight claims will be filed for obvious damage to material received. After inspection and receipt, such material or equipment is redelivered to the designated department. There is no charge to the department for this normal redelivery service.
- If large bulk item/s are purchased that could be received more conveniently at the department and could be handled with available departmental manpower and equipment, instructions should be made on the purchase requisition so that the shipment can be made directly to the department. Such ship-directs should be noted on the prepared purchase order.
- If it is obvious that an outside rigger is required, such arrangements should be made directly with Procurement Services. It will be the department’s responsibility for any expense involving outside riggers.
- If items are received at Campus Delivery and cannot be safely delivered by two men or which involve uncrating and/or assembly, Campus Delivery personnel will notify the respective department to arrange with Movers Services to redeliver such material or equipment to the department.
This service will require a Request for Services form noting the purpose code to be charged for such service. To eliminate delays and allow scheduling, the Mover Services Request for Services Form should be issued prior to expected delivery.