Large Passenger Van Use
|Section:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services Policies|
|Policy Name:||Large Passenger Van Use|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Facilities, Real Estate and Auxiliary Services|
|Origination Date:||January 15, 2002|
|Revisions:||November 2, 2005; February 10, 2014|
|Legacy Policy Number:||7-47|
- PURPOSETo establish the requirements for the safe use of 12 to 15 passenger/extended vans utilized for any form of travel.
- APPLICABILITYThis policy applies to all University owned 12 to 15-passenger/extended and externally rented 12 to 15 passenger/extended vans.
- Passenger/extended van occupancy may not exceed a total of nine individuals, including driver. This number must be reduced by one for every 170 pounds of luggage/equipment.
- A valid driver’s license is required for each driver and all applicable local, state and federal laws must be adhered to.
- All drivers shall be in compliance with Driver’s Requirement Verification Legacy Policy 7-34.
- All intended drivers must successfully complete the 12 to 15-passenger/extended van training program prior to renting a 12 to 15-passenger/extended van. The program is available through Transportation Services – Motor Pool (831-8471).
- Seatbelt usage must comply with University Legacy Policy 7-16 which says all must use seatbelts where provided.
- Loading of luggage racks on top of these vehicles is prohibited.
Related link: see Legacy Policy 5-05