Interdepartmental Equipment Transfer
|Section:||Financial & Business Policies|
|Policy Name:||Interdepartmental Equipment Transfer|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Office of the Vice President For Finance and Deputy Treasurer|
|Origination Date:||February 1, 1980|
|Revisions:||June 5, 1989; April 18, 2000; July 1, 2005|
|Legacy Policy Number:||5-18|
- PURPOSETo provide for more efficient use of equipment by permitting transfer of Class I equipment for internal charge/credit.
- POLICYOne department or budget unit is permitted to transfer surplus equipment to another for internal charge/credit when:
- Such equipment is not restricted for disposition by a granting contract;
- The equipment is purchased through departmental accounts;
- Items are tagged and identified in the University’s Asset Management records.
- Internal charge/credit negotiable between two authorized budget administrators.
- Notify the Director of Procurement Services utilizing a properly completed Electronic Relocation of Equipment form, located on Web EZForms.
- RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITYThe authority to enforce this policy lies within the Office of Procurement Services. Any questions may be directed to (302) 831-8951 or firstname.lastname@example.org.