Equipment Screening Policy
|Section:||Financial & Business Policies|
|Policy Name:||Equipment Screening Policy|
|Policy Owner:||Executive Vice President|
|Responsible University Office:||Office of the Vice President For Finance and Deputy Treasurer|
|Origination Date:||November 14, 1991|
|Revisions:||April 2000; July 1, 2005|
|Legacy Policy Number:||5-21|
- PURPOSETo meet Federal government requirements for the purchase of equipment funded in sponsored programs.
- POLICYAll proposed purchases of equipment using federal or federal flow-thru funds having a requisition cost of $5,000 or more are subject to the screening program to determine if like equipment exists on campus and is available for use.
- Screening for equipment with a unit value of $5,000 to $9,999 will be carried out by the department and will be restricted to screening of like equipment in the custody of that department. Access to or a listing of departmental equipment can be requested from the Office of Procurement Services, Asset Management.
- Screening for equipment with a unit value of $10,000 and more will be carried out by a joint effort of the department and the Office of Procurement Services, Asset Management. This screening will encompass the total like equipment on campus.
Asset Management will provide a listing annually of equipment costing $10,000 and over to departments with sponsored funds or to any department upon request. If a department does not have an equipment listing please contact the Office of Procurment Services, Asset Management @ 831-8951.
The following certification is to be placed on requisitions for the purchase of equipment:
This is to certify that a determination has been made in accordance with University Policy No. 5-21 that there is no like equipment in this department or on campus that is available for use in lieu of item(s) requested.
- RESPONSIBLE AUTHORITYThe authority to enforce this policy lies within the Procurement Services Department. Any questions may be directed to (302) 831- 2161 or firstname.lastname@example.org.