While it is necessary to reduce collection expenditures at this time, the Library continues to offer a variety of important services aimed at minimizing the impact on research and teaching:
- Interlibrary Loan provides access to books, chapters and journal articles that the Library does not own.
- HathiTrust provides free access to millions of publications in the public domain. In addition, more than 500,000 titles in the UD Library’s print collection which are still in copyright are available online through the HathiTrust Emergency Temporary Access Service.
- We continue to identify resources that are freely available and are designated as open access (OA) and open education resources (OER) and to make these resources discoverable in DELCAT Discovery.
- UD’s subject librarians are available to work with faculty and students to identify online resources to support teaching and research. This includes working with faculty to identify and suggest alternatives to expensive print textbooks.
- Commitments to new subscriptions are on hold at this time, but recommendations for potential future purchases are welcome.
Please get in touch with me to discuss your needs at this time, along with any questions or concerns you may have. I look forward to speaking with you about how the Library can continue to best support your teaching and research goals with our collections.