Research Topic: Turbulence in the atmospheric wave boundary layer
Current Position: Associate Research Scientist, Columbia University
- Yousefi, K., & Veron, F. (2020). Boundary layer formulations in orthogonal curvilinear coordinates for flow over wind-generated surface waves. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 888, A11.
- Yousefi, K., Veron, F., & Buckley, M. P. (2021). Turbulent and wave kinetic energy budgets in the airflow over wind-generated surface waves. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 920, A33.
Research Topic: High resolution measurements of scalar transfer across an air-water interface during inception and growth of Langmuir circulationon
- Ma, Y., Veron, F., Tejada-Martinez, A., and Hafsi, A. (2015). Laboratory measurements of the inception and evolution of Langmuir Turbulence. In APS Meeting Abstracts.
- Hafsi, A., Tejada-Martínez, A. E., & Veron, F. (2017). DNS and measurements of scalar transfer across an air–water interface during inception and growth of Langmuir circulation. Comput. Fluids, 58, 40-56.
Marc P. Buckley
Research Topic: Effects of airflow separation on the surface stress and the structure of the turbulence above surface waves
- Buckley, M. P., & Veron, F. (2016). Structure of the airflow above surface waves. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 46(5), 1377-1397.
- Buckley, M. P., & Veron, F. (2017). Airflow measurements at a wavy air–water interface using PIV and LIF. Experiments in Fluids, 58(11), 161.
Alexander R. Davies
Research Topic: Mesoscale kinetic energy as a control on phytoplankton abundance and the biological pump in the Drake Passage
- Davies, A. R., Veron, F., & Oliver, M. J. (2014). The role of mesoscale kinetic energy in natural occurring phytoplankton blooms and export in Drake Passage. In AGU Fall Meeting Abstracts (Vol. 2014, pp. OS41F-04).
Zackary Van Kirk
Research Topic: Wave statistics from stereo imaging
- VanKirk, Z., Veron, F., Lenain, L., and Melville, W. K. (2012). Deep water surface gravity wave statistics from stereo imagery. American Meteorological Society meeting, Boston, USA.
- VanKirk, Z., Mueller, J., and Veron, F. (2009). Sea state dependent air-sea gas flux parameterization. American Meteorological Society meeting, Phoenix, USA.
DeAnna M. Sewell
Research Topic: Wave loads on multi-member offshore wind turbine substructures
Current Position: DeAnna is currently pursuing a Ph.D. at the University of Colorado, where she is continuing her work on offshore wind turbines in collaboration with the National Renewable Research Laboratory.
Research Topic: The effects of rainfall on the ocean surface at low to moderate wind speed
- Harrison, E. L., & Veron, F. (2017). Near-surface turbulence and buoyancy induced by heavy rainfall. Journal of Fluid Mechanics, 830, 602-630.
Harrison, E. L., Veron, F., Ho, D. T., Reid, M. C., Orton, P., & McGillis, W. R. (2012). Nonlinear interaction between rain‐and wind‐induced air‐water gas exchange. Journal of Geophysical Research: Oceans, 117(C3).
Research Topic: On the transfer of momentum, heat, and mass at the air-sea and air-sea spray interfaces
Mueller, J. A., & Veron, F. (2014). Impact of sea spray on air–sea fluxes. Part I: Results from stochastic simulations of sea spray drops over the ocean. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 44(11), 2817-2834.
Mueller, J. A., & Veron, F. (2014). Impact of sea spray on air–sea fluxes. Part II: Feedback effects. Journal of Physical Oceanography, 44(11), 2835-2853.
Research Topic: Airflow separation above wind-waves
- Veron, F., Saxena, G., & Misra, S. K. (2007). Measurements of the viscous tangential stress in the airflow above wind waves. Geophysical Research Letters, 34(19).
- Saxena, G., Misra, S., & Veron, F. (2005). Air-flow separation over unsteady breaking wind waves. Bulletin of the American Physical Society.