Suggestions for free online photo editors

Published on: Author: Nancy O'Laughlin
Featured banner

How do I size my picture so that I can use it as a header on all my pages?

Can I crop just part of the image I want to use in my site?

Many students are unfamiliar with free image-editing software that would allow them to create banners, logos or header images, and make modifications to other pictures they might want to include in their ePortfolios.

Listed below are some suggestions for free online photo editors. I am a Photoshop user, but I have used Pixlr and was pleased with the results. For basic editing features, any of these should work. Most of them also have apps to work on mobile devices. Please read all the information prior to using any free software and make sure it will meet your needs and the system requirements for the computer or devices you are using.

Categories: General, How to, Presentation Portfolio, Students

Nancy O'Laughlin

Nancy O'Laughlin is LMS Support Manager in the IT Academic Technology Services organization at the University of Delaware. She has an Ed.D. in Educational Leadership with a concentration in Curriculum and Instruction specializing in Educational Technology. Nancy works with faculty to promote effective uses of technology in education. She has a strong interest in guiding faculty in their use of instructional design strategies in their courses. Some areas of interest include: hybrid or blended learning, distance learning, e-portfolios, clickers and learning analytics.