Medical Emergencies

What to do if your child is sick

  • If your child is very sick or hurt very badly and it is an emergency, take your phone and dial 911 to call for an ambulance to take you to a local hospital.
  • If your child is sick and it is not an emergency, call your doctor to make an appointment. If you do not have a doctor or if the doctor’s office is closed, go to a Medical Aid Unit, such as:
    • Take Care Health at Walgreens: 216 Suburban Drive, Newark, DE 19711 (Suburban Plaza, near Christina Mill, Studio Green, and West Knoll apartments) Phone: 302-456-6760
    • Glasgow Medical Aid Unit: 2600 Glasgow Ave, Newark, DE 19702 (Peoples Plaza, on Route 40) Phone: 302-836-8350
    • Christiana Care Medical Aid Unit: 550 South College Ave, Suite 115, Newark DE 19711 Phone: 302-533-7148
      • Hours: Monday through Friday 8 a.m. – 8 p.m., Saturday and Sunday 8 a.m. – 4 p.m.

Other Health Resources:


Comments are closed