Participate in the ELI Reading Challenge!
This session, the SALC will host a reading challenge for students. All you have to do is read!
Come in to the SALC to check out books, or check out books from your local library, then submit a reading challenge form to the box in the SALC or online (see below). That’s it!
We will keep track of the leading readers on the website, on Facebook, and in the SALC. Get ready for your chance to win – and learn a lot in the process!
This session, we are also offering a great option to get more points: Record an audio review of your book and send it to Aura at firstname.lastname@example.org for an extra point in the reading challenge. See an SALC staff member to record an audio review.
- You must read a book within one level of your current R/W level.
- You must fill out a reading challenge form and submit it online or to the box in the SALC for your book to be counted.
- If you are completing an audio review, it must be sent via email to Aura.
- The form must be filled out neatly and completely and the audio review must be complete and intelligible.
- The contest ends at 6 p.m. two days before graduation. Winner will be announced one day before graduation. You must still be at the ELI to claim your prize.
- First place prize: $25 gift card. Second and third place prizes will also be awarded.