TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Academic and linguistic preparation for graduate degrees!
UD Graduate Pathways at the English Language Institute is your pathway to success in participating master’s or doctoral programs!
Graduate Pathways is an intensive, one-semester (4-month) program for international students who are conditionally admitted to a participating UD graduate program and who are approaching the language proficiency required for matriculation.
HOW DOES GRADUATE PATHWAYS WORK?
Improve and Develop Graduate-Level Skills
Earn three credits towards your graduate degree or complete a prerequisite course for your graduate program.
Integrate with your academic department and your fellow graduate students.
Resources for student success
Receive support in language, study skills, reading, and writing every week during the graduate course. Whether studying online or on campus, Graduate Pathways students have many resources to help them be successful: University student and faculty mentors, academic advisors, private tutoring, and more.
Academic skill development
Learn how to read and write specifically in your field, deliver presentations, participate in discussions, understand lectures, and communicate with faculty and peers.
Genuine university experience
Enjoy the ELI’s cultural and academic programming.
English for Academic Purposes
Participate in ESL courses designed for the needs of international graduate students.
Comprehensive university preparation for graduate school
International students need more than just English courses to prepare for university. They must also develop the interpersonal, team-building, and leadership skills that are expected of students who participate in courses.
To have a fulfilling university experience, it is important for international students to learn techniques to properly engage (i.e., become involved) in campus life and culture.
Cohort is an innovative curriculum that helps students to achieve these goals.
For Graduate Students Online or on campus
Graduate Pathways is available only to students conditionally admitted to certain graduate programs (i.e., master’s or doctoral) who are close to the required language proficiency. Courses may be taken online or on-campus, depending on whether the graduate academic course is offered online.
Upcoming Program Dates
Academic Year 2022
|Orientation dates||Semester dates|
|August 24-29, 2022||August 30 - December 16, 2022|
- Students may begin Graduate Pathways Program in Fall each year.
- The semester lasts 4 months.
- Students are expected to arrive on time for the program start. Students who do not arrive on time will not be permitted to begin/resume their studies during that semester (and this can result in a loss of their visa status). For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Price for Academic Year 2022
The following pricing is for each semester (4 months) of study:
|Item||In-Person Price||Online Price|
|Tuition||US$ 10,043||US$ 10,043|
|Room and food (estimate)||4,800||—|
|All mandatory fees||1,202||—|
|Total estimated fees (4 months)||US$ 16,345||US$ 10,343|
- All prices are in U.S. dollars and are subject to change without notice.
- The academic year 2022 prices are effective from August 30, 2022.
- Important note about insurance: All students who are not sponsored by a governmental organization are now required to purchase the ELI’s health insurance plan. Students may not purchase their own insurance policy to replace the ELI’s plan. Health insurance fees are non-refundable.
Some additional fees may apply, including:
|Express Mail fee: $65||
|Airport Transfer fee: $100 – $200||
|Late Orientation/Arrival fee: $100||
|Late Housing fee: $100||
|Late Payment fee: $50||
University of Delaware
- #38 National Public Universities
- 4,285 graduate students from 100 countries
- 11 programs ranked in the Top 50 in the country
- $184 million in sponsored research
Live in Newark, DE
Our city has a population of approximately 33,000 people and is known for its charming and friendly atmosphere. Students spend a great deal of time on our award-winning Main Street, enjoying the many cafes and international restaurants, and – of course – tax-free shopping!
Start your journey today!
Please follow these instructions:
- Select a UD program that participates in Graduate Pathways.
- Complete the UD Graduate Application process: Submit your application, supporting documents and required test scores.
- Indicate on the Graduate Application that you would like to be considered for conditional admission!
- Once a complete application has been received, it can take 6-8 weeks to receive an admissions decision.