We are often asked how long it takes for students to complete their English requirements before they can begin their regular full-time university courses.
The length of time required for enrollment in the ELI before beginning university coursework is different for each student. It depends on the student’s English skills when he or she arrives (i.e., more advanced students will require less time in the ELI).
Another factor that affects the student’s progress through our program is his or her willingness to work hard to improve his or her English skills, practicing all day, every day.
The ELI has seven (7) levels of English courses, where the lower levels are for beginners and Level VI is for the most advanced students. The following scale shows the estimated periods of time that students will require in the ELI, depending on their initial placement:
- BASIC (English fundamentals): 14-18 months
- Level I (Beginner): 12-16 months
- Level II (High Beginner): 10-14 months
- Level III (Intermediate): 8-10 months
- Level IV (High Intermediate): 6-8 months
- Level V (Advanced): 4-6 months
- Level VI (High Advanced): 2-4 months
- Benefits of CAP
- CAP program structure
- “CAP Cohort Model”
- Bridge program
- Partner universities
- English requirements for undergraduate CAP students
- English requirements for graduate CAP students – General Track (all areas of study except those related to Business Administration)
- English requirements for graduate CAP students – Business Track (nearly all areas of study related to Business Administration)
- Time needed to complete English courses
- English for Academic Purposes – description
- Faculty advisors and student mentors
- Program dates
- Ask a question about CAP
Ask a Question about the Conditional Admissions Program
Thank you for your interest in the Conditional Admissions Program! Please enter your question in the form below. We will respond to you by email within 1-2 business days.