TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Introducing a class for advanced speakers of English
The Business Communication course is an instructor-led online course delivered in real time by a highly experienced University of Delaware English Language Institute instructor, Professor Leslie Criston.
The course helps business professionals practice the English for networking, negotiating, running meetings, and improve their discussion and presentation skills, listening proficiency, oral intelligibility, vocabulary, and grammar.
You will analyze real business scenarios, build your language skills, and engage in authentic communicative activities.
The instructor will work with you to identify specific areas for improvement and offer tools, activities, and individualized feedback. You will practice pronunciation through targeted oral exercises that develop the stress, intonation and rhythm of American English and as a result, improve your intelligibility.
- Learn live on Zoom: Join interactive, synchronous classes with an ELI professor.
- Learn in your own time: Additional self-paced instruction is provided on UD’s Canvas learning management system—online activities, videos, readings, and exercises to achieve your personal goals.
- Practice active listening: A key skill for managing business and personal conversations to create engagement, understanding, trust, and problem solving
- Fine tune your skills: Receive detailed oral and written feedback from the instructor and your peers.
- Practice real-life scenarios: Activities focus on real life business skill—networking, negotiating and running meetings.
- Learn the language of business: Practice reading, writing, listening, and speaking using English vocabulary and grammar.
Prices are listed in U.S. dollars, are subject to change without notice and are valid through February 26, 2021.
6 weeks | 5 hours/week (3 synchronous + 2 asynchronous)
2 weekly meetings of 1.5 hours
+ approximately 2 hours a week of asynchronous preparation and practice work
Program Dates & Times
Dates: July 6-August 12, 2021 (6 weeks)
Section A: Tuesday & Thursday 8 a.m. (EST)
Section B: Tuesday & Thursday 6 p.m. (EST)
Scheduled class times will be available according to demand. Please indicate your desired time in your application.
Most online programs include live, online classes via Zoom. You will need access to a laptop capable of running Zoom and a stable internet connection.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Leah Jane Davidson, International Recruitment Specialist on WhatsApp at +1-302-310-1240.