TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
What is the Global Community?
At the Global Community, each 4-bedroom apartment will house 4 students – ELI and UD students are welcome!
Students may request roommates (students who share the apartment) or we will assign roommates.
Living in the Global Community meets the housing requirements for AT/Pre-AT students. Limited spaces are available in Global Community.
Format and Amenities
The Global Community is located at the Waverly Apartments apartments, 501 Hamlet Way, Newark DE. These apartments are within biking distance of campus and ELI buildings, as well as within walking distance of restaurants, a pharmacy, a grocery store, and a bank.
The Waverly has a private shuttle/bus service and the free UD shuttle bus stops at The Waverly to take students to campus and to the English Language Institute.
Each apartment includes:
- Four bedrooms (with 1 student in each bedroom) including a bed, night stand, dresser, desk and desk chair, and large closet.
- Full kitchen with granite counter tops and stainless steel appliances
- Furniture in living/dining room: sofa, coffee table, end table, dining room table/chairs
- Washing machine and dryer in the apartment
- 42″ flat screen TV
- All utilities are included in the monthly rent
The complex also features:
- Sports areas (cardio center, volleyball court, basketball court)
- Study area and free printing (please bring your own paper)
- Free parking for students who meet parking permit requirements
- Access to game room and lounge
- Off-campus location that is close to University of Delaware campus and other ELI apartments
- Close access to the UD bus system and public bus system (which transports to the Christiana Mall)
- Close to pharmacy, grocery store, restaurants, and more
Each ELI student must pay a rent of US $850 per month for Global Community apartments.*
UD students may also rent a room in the Global Community on a 12-month lease, September 1 – August 31.
New residents must also pay a one-time deposit of one month’s rent when they move in.
- The deposit will be returned to the student after they move out if the apartment is left in good condition and is clean.
- * Prices subject to change without notice.
Payment and Contract Information
Students will be charged for their accommodations through a bill sent to the student several days before the month begins. Rent must be paid before each month begins in order to avoid a late fee of $50. Payment can be made with credit card, money order (made out to the University of Delaware), or cash.
Students are required to sign a Resident Agreement which states the conditions and rules to live in the Global Community. Students are expected to comply with the statements on the contract and will be held accountable for Global Community policies.
All reservations must be made through the ELI Housing Coordinator. Leasing directly with the leasing office may result in financial and academic consequences for AT students. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions or concerns.