The ELI is pleased to offer several housing options, including:
- An International Living/Learning Community (where ELI students can live with American university students!)
- Homestay (living with an American family)
- Apartments of several formats (single apartments, shared apartments, and family units)
Make your housing reservation
We are happy to help you with your housing reservation. Please follow the steps below:
1. Download the housing application
- Click here to download the general housing application for new students (PDF)
- Conditional Admissions Program (CAP): CAP/Pre-CAP students must click here to download the special housing application for CAP/Pre-CAP students (PDF).
Click here to see housing requirements for CAP/Pre-CAP students.
If you have questions about your housing reservation, please contact the ELI Housing Team at ELIemail@example.com with your name and student ID.
2. Send the completed housing application and the required documents to the ELI.
- If you will use a student visa to come to the USA to study in our program, you must send us a copy of your visa and a copy of your plane ticket reservation or flight itinerary with your housing application. Housing reservations will not be made until we receive these documents.
- If you are already studying at the ELI, then you do not need to submit the copy of the visa or the plane ticket reservation.
- You can submit these documents to us by fax (+1-302-831-6765) or by email (ELIfirstname.lastname@example.org).
3. Wait to receive your housing confirmation.
- Housing confirmations will be sent to you by email approximately 2 weeks before the beginning of your session. Depending on your housing selection, you may receive a confirmation earlier.
When can I move in?
Move in day is typically the first day of ELI Orientation. Please make your travel plans with this in mind. If you arrive early, we cannot guarantee that you can move in early. If you are arriving early and want to move in early, you must contact ELI-Housing@udel.edu with your name, student ID, and housing reservation form. We will inform you if it is possible for you to move in early and what the early move in fee will be. We recommend that you do not arrive to Delaware earlier than 2 days before ELI orientation.
Questions about housing
If you have questions about your housing reservation, please contact the ELI Housing Team at ELIemail@example.com.