TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
To learn more about housing prices, select the housing option below:
In the Global Community at the Waverly, ELI and UD students live four students to an apartment. Each student has their own bedroom and bathroom. Students share common areas in the apartment and socialize with other community members in the beautiful, modern complex shared spaces.
Each ELI student must pay a rent of US $850 per month for Global Community apartments.*
UD students may also rent a room in the Global Community on a 12-month lease, September 1 – August 31.
New residents must also pay a one-time deposit of one month’s rent when they move in.
- The deposit will be returned to the student after they move out if the apartment is left in good condition and is clean.
- * Prices subject to change without notice.
Includes all utilities (cable, electricity, internet, etc.) and amenities.
| Back to top |
Homestay is a wonderful way to learn about American culture, as students and their hosts can share meals and participate in activities and outings together.
Homestay fees through August 2022:
|Traditional||Includes 7 breakfasts, 7 dinners, & 2 lunches each week.||$2,245||$1,964||$1,122||$40.09|
|Standard||Includes 7 breakfasts & 5 dinners each week.||$2,021||$1,768||$1,011||$36.09|
|Dinner only||Includes 7 dinners each week; no other meals.||$1,858||$1,626||$929||$33.18|
|Breakfast only||Includes 7 breakfasts each week; no other meals.||$1,677||$1,467||$839||$29.94|
|No meals||No meals provided. Students have kitchen access.||$1,376||$1,204||$688||$24.57|
- The prices listed above are valid until August 2022. Prices subject to change at any time without notice.
- Homestay fees must be paid directly to the homestay host on the day that the student moves into the home.
- Prices listed are for each ELI session. Each session lasts 7-8 weeks (approximately 2 months). These prices cover the student’s accommodations from the official move-in date to the official move-out date. If the student moves in with the host earlier than the official move-in date or moves out after the official move-out date, the student will be responsible for paying the price for each “Extra Night,” as listed in the table above.
- There are additional fees that must be paid for homestay accommodations. Please see the table below.
The following additional fees must also be considered for homestay accommodations:
|Homestay Registration Fee||The price that must be paid to the ELI Homestay Team when the student submits a homestay application to find a host for the student. It is non-refundable. This fee is required. All students must pay this fee in order to live with a homestay host.| Pay the homestay registration fee now >||$250
for a single person
|Security Deposit||The fee that must be paid directly to the homestay host to protect against damage. This fee is refundable. The host will give it back to the student when the student moves out of the house as long as the student leaves no damage to the homestay host’s property. This fee is required. All students must pay this fee in order to live with a homestay host. Note: Students are responsible for paying for any damage to the homestay host’s property that is valued at over US $100.||$100|
|Homestay Transfer Fee||The price that must be paid to the ELI Homestay Team when the student decides to leave one homestay host in order to live with another host. It is non-refundable. This fee is optional. It is only necessary to pay this fee if the student changes homestay families.||$100|
|Late Fee||The fee that must be paid if a student submits the Homestay Application fee after the deadline. The deadline for new students to apply for a homestay host is 2 weeks before the ELI session begins. The deadline for continuing students to apply for a homestay host is Wednesday of Week 5 of the current ELI session. This fee is non-refundable. This fee is optional. It is only necessary if the student does not apply on time for a homestay host.||$100|
| Back to top |