TRANSLATE THIS PAGE
Thank you for your interest in the Graduate Conditional Admissions Program (Graduate CAP)! We are happy to help you with your application.
On this page, you will find everything you need to know about how to apply for graduate conditional admission, including:
- Application procedures
- Processing time
- Information about how to submit required documents
- Application terms and conditions
- How to ask a question about Graduate CAP
All students must complete 2 applications:
☑ the University’s graduate application; and
☑ the ELI’s conditional admissions application.
1. Select at least one university that participates in Graduate CAP.
We partner with several institutions for conditional admission. Students are welcome to apply to more than one university.
Remember to verify that the universities that you choose all have the program of study that you want!
Apply to the University of Delaware
The University of Delaware uses an online application form for all graduate programs.
Apply to a Graduate CAP Partner Institution
ELI Graduate CAP partner institutions have their own online applications that can be found on their websites.
2. Submit required documents to the university.
All universities require certain documents to be submitted so that they can determine whether a student meets their requirements for admission.
Follow the instructions on the university’s admissions website about how and when to submit required documents. Each university has different processes, so it is important to follow these instructions carefully.
Please note: Applicants applying for conditional admission to the UD MBA program are now required to submit qualifying GMAT scores at the time of application.
If you need assistance, contact CAPadmissions@udel.edu.
3. Submit the ELI’s conditional admissions application and pay the application fee.
This application is required, and it will help you to obtain the fastest service in your admissions process. It only takes a few minutes to complete this form.
No application fees are required for payment at this time.
Note: If you are admitted to the University, you will be required to pay a non-refundable $300 deposit before you receive your I-20 Form.
4. Submit a copy of your passport to the ELI.
Send us a copy of the full page that contains your biographic information including the machine readable section at the bottom.
You may submit a copy of this document on the application or by email: CAPadmissions@udel.edu.
More admissions information
Mark your calendar!
- It takes approximately 8 weeks (after receiving all required admissions documents) to receive an admissions decision. Due to the high volume of email messages that we receive, we ask you not to contact the university or the ELI Admissions Office for an admissions update until after 8 weeks have passed since you completed your application.
- It is extremely important for you to make sure that you submitted all required documents to the university that you applied for. Otherwise, you will likely face processing delays.
- If your application is incomplete, or if there is a problem with your application, we will contact you by email.
- You will receive your admissions decision by email.
- Remember, it is very important for us to have an accurate email address on file for the student (and for the agent, if applicable)!
Application Terms and Conditions
By submitting the application to the ELI, the applicant:
☑ Certifies that the information submitted on the application is correct.
☑ Certifies that he/she is registering for this program and that he/she is responsible for meeting all costs associated with the program.
☑ Agrees to pay a non-refundable US $300 deposit after the applicant is admitted to the University and decides to enroll.
☑ Gives the ELI permission to report his/her progress updates and transcripts to his/her sponsor (if applicable).
☑ Understands that the ELI will not defer his/her start date more than 2 times; if the applicant attempts to change his/her start date a third time, the ELI will cancel his/her admission.
☑ Understands that, if he/she enters the United States using the ELI’s I-20 form and then fails to enroll at the ELI (example: if he/she transfers to a different school without attending at least 1 session at the ELI), he/she will be charged a $300 Early Withdrawal Administration Fee.
☑ Agrees to the ELI Refund Policy.
☑ Certifies that he/she has read these terms and conditions and the ELI’s housing conditions.
☑ Agents: Applicants that are being assisted by an agent must include the agency name, email and full address on the application. Commission will not be available to agencies that do not include this information.