Energy efficiency & emerging customer programs analyst
The Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) is the largest municipally-owned gas utility in the nation, supplying gas service in the City of Philadelphia to over 500,000 customers. From its humble beginnings in 1836, PGW has grown into the large, modern facility that exists today. As one of the nation’s leading natural gas providers, PGW prides itself on stability and continual growth. PGW is dedicated to becoming the Greenest Natural Gas Delivery Company in the region.
- Develops all program specific reporting materials to ensure PGW compliance with PA Utility Commmission orders; prepare analyses and documentation for annual plans and progress reports filed with the PUC.
- Develop partnerships with relevant external stakeholders and programs to provide more comprehensive energy-efficiency and customer services to PGW’s Commercial & Industrial customers.
- Conducting market and customer analysis to identify new opportunities. Lead the Request for Proposal (RFP) processes for externally sourced functions.
- Oversee vendor / contractor performance to ensure program compliance with contractual requirements & program requirements.
- Manages the technical review and analysis of energy efficiency projects.
- Prepares, analyzes and reports on findings making appropriate recommendations for program improvements.
- Keeps abreast of changes in federal, state and local regulations and recommends changes/updates for policies & procedures in order to ensure the program remains in compliance operating in an efficient and effective manner.
- Liaisons with consumers, external agencies, courts, internal departments and others to resolve issues and ensure all internal/external stakeholders receive necessary communication of program standards.
- Performs other special projects and assignments as requested.
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Public Administration, Marketing or other related field of study required – Advanced degree preferred
- 3 to 5 years of directly related experience working with the utility or energy services industries.
- Strong presentation skills with the ability to present to both large and small groups.
- Client relationship management experience with the ability to build and maintain client and industry relationships.
- Must have interpersonal skills with the ability to negotiate and influence others in the best interest of PGW while maintaining professional effective business relationships
- Advanced proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to develop creative solutions on the spot.
- Self-starter with the ability to work independently and exercise sound business judgment, with limited supervision.
- Strong leadership, verbal, written and interpersonal skills
- Excellent organizational management skills with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and usually under short deadlines
- PA License and clean driving record
Residency Requirement: All employees of the Philadelphia Gas Works (PGW) must live in the City of Philadelphia for the duration of their employment. If a candidate does not live in the City of Philadelphia at the time of hire, he/she must move into the city within twelve (12) months of his/her hire date.
Please apply directly at: http://www.pgworks.com/residential/careers/current-opportunities at the Careers Section.