With the Notes app, you can scan documents right from your mobile device.
- Open Notes on your iPhone or iPad.
- Create a new note or tap on an existing one to add a document to it.
- Tap the camera button at the bottom of the screen or above the keyboard.
- Tap Scan Documents.
- Line up the document you want to scan.
- Tap the shutter button if the scanner doesn’t automatically scan the document. Repeat this step for every document you want to scan.
- Tap Save after you’ve scanned all of the necessary pages. The button will have a count of how many pages you scanned.
- The scanned pages will populate in a new note in the Notes app
Office Lens (iOS, Android)
Office Lens is effectively a portable scanner in your pocket. It trims, enhances, and makes pictures of whiteboards and docs readable. You can use Office Lens to convert images to PDF, Word and PowerPoint files, and you can even save images to OneNote or OneDrive.
Scan using Google Drive (Android)
Scan documents like receipts, letters, and statements to save them as searchable PDF’s on your Google Drive.
Voice Dream Scanner (iOS)
OCR and text to speech.