Leaders of the Free World at UD
We are already in the planning stages of the 2023 conference! Check back with us to learn more and watch for registration details.
A Virtual Career Conference for Black Male College Students
The Global Leadership Summit is a virtual intercollegiate career conference focused on helping the next generation of global leaders thrive globally, with a focus on:
- Diversity and Inclusion in Global Leadership
- Career-Development & Readiness on a Global Scale
- International Leadership Development
- Networking & Global Exchange
Are you a Leader of the Free World?
A Leader of the Free World
is committed to the betterment of humanity; irrespective of geography, race, religion, ability, gender, sex, identity, or orientation. Leaders strive to improve themselves, their communities, and the world.
Our mission is to develop a community of dynamic leaders who are globally minded, self-aware, and service-driven. We believe in cultivating a new generation of leaders.
The Leaders of the Free World Model works in three phases:
(After Orientation and Launch Period / February – March)
1. Pre-Departure program:
10 Sessions / May – June
Group discussions, guest speakers, lectures, and assignments.
2. International Experience in Ghana:
(2 weeks July 17-31)
Intercultural activities, service-learning. Exploring themes in Leadership through lectures, workshops, and site visits. Group reflection sessions on culture, identity, self-mastery, goal-setting and accountability.
3. Post-Trip Curriculum:
6 Sessions / August – October
Group discussions, goal-mapping, linking experience to academic goals and institutional resources.
Fellows must agree to the following:
- Commit to all three phases of the LFW Program
- Regularly meet/check-in with LFW mentor
- Attend all LFW virtual meetings.
- Participate in program fundraising initiatives.
- Obtain all necessary documents for travel
(Passport, Visa, Travel Insurance).
Students will receive guidance on procedures for travel documents.