All MRC volunteers must complete an on-line DMRC Orientation to the program and certain other required training. News & Features lists upcoming volunteer events, and for a complete list of this quarter’s activities, including DMRC trainings, exercises and events, be sure to monitor DMRC Calendar of Events. Select training name for details.
- DMRC On-line Orientation Training – Click to take DMRC On-line Orientation Training. (Click here after viewing for certification.)
- IS-100.b: Introduction to the Incident Command System (ICS)
- IS-700.a: National Incident Management System (NIMS), An Introduction
- Flu Clinic Training – Required annually for nurses that wish to participate in Flu Clinics. Alternatively, Flu Clinic On-line Training found on DE TRAIN is available.
- Shelter 101/201 Training
- Required for medical and non-medical volunteers that wish to participate at shelters. Provided annually in class setting. (See calendar for currently scheduled trainings. Shelter Tech Training is now available for non-medical volunteers to augment the Shelter 101/201 training, see below for details.)
- Shelter Tech Training – Required for non-medical volunteers to participate in shelters. Provided annually in class setting. Requirements:
- Shelter Tech Prerequisite On-line Training – Click to take – View prior to attending Shelter Tech Training.
- Shelter Tech Prerequisite Training Worksheet
- Shelter Tech Prerequisite Completion Survey
- Shelter Tech Training – Training provided in a class room setting. (See calendar for currently scheduled trainings.)
Select training name for details. See calendar for currently scheduled trainings.
- 800 MHz Radio Overview
- Assessing and Assisting Persons with Alzheimer’s
- Assisting People with Disabilities and Chronic Healthcare Conditions in Shelter/Emergency Settings
- Autism Recognition, Response & Risk Management
- Bio-Terrorism Awareness
- CERT (2-day Training)
- Colorectal and Breast Cancer Screening Project “Community Liaison” Training
- CPR/AED or BLS for Healthcare Providers Training
- Family Emergency Preparedness
- ICS (IS-100) & NIMS (IS-700) – Introduction to the Incident Command System and the National Incident Management System (Combined Course) offered for DMRC volunteers as a face-to-face alternative to FEMA’s online courses.
- “Interactive Psychological Improv”
- Intro to Disaster & Trauma Counseling – Required for DE-BEST volunteers.
- Mental Health Support Following a Disaster
- Naloxone “Train the Trainer”
- Packing Your “Digital Go-Bag:” Essential Disaster Health Information on Your Mobile Device
- Population Ethics
- Psychological First Aid – Required for DE-BEST volunteers.
- Self-Management Program Lay Leader Training
Quarterly Meeting/Trainings will be held in each county. Training topics will be disaster preparedness and public health related. Continuing Education Credits will be available.
See DMRC’s calendar for currently scheduled trainings.
Note: Please update your SERVDE profile with trainings taken on-line or outside of DMRC organized classes. We will update your profile for you, please send a copy of the class certificate. You can email firstname.lastname@example.org, fax (302) 831-7618, or send us a copy via mail:
DMRC, 25 North College Ave, McDowell Hall, Room 336, Newark, DE 19716