COVID-19 INFORMATION AND RESOURCES
Details and Resource Links
- CDC Information and Trainings for Healthcare Professionals
- Delaware’s Up-to-Date Information at DE.gov/Coronavirus or Call
- Call 2-1-1 or Check Delaware 211.org for Resources in Delaware
- Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) Coronavirus Facts
- Public Health Emergency “COVID-19: 2019 Novel Coronavirus Disease” Page
- Children’s Book for Understanding Coronavirus: Why We Stay Home
- CDC’s Up-to-Date Information on Cases in the U.S.
- Delaware Governor John Carney Issues Stay-at-Home Order for Delawareans, March 24, 2020
- Governor Carney, DHSS Statewide COVID-19 Testing Plan Announced March 20, 2020
Other Links to Helpful Resources
- State of Delaware Coronavirus Website
- Delaware Assist
- WIC Supplemental Food Program
- Meals on Wheels
- Child Nutrition Sites
- Child Nutrition Sites in Spanish
- Delaware Division of Unemployment Insurance
- Centers for Disease Control Latest Updates
- Delaware COVID-19 Rapid Response Initiative
- United Way of Delaware
- Federal Government information
These trainings are not required, however they may be helpful in the event of a deployment:
- COVID-19 Training for Healthcare Professionals: CDC’s COVID-19 website includes many training opportunities for healthcare professionals organized into the following topic areas: clinical care and infection control, personal protective equipment, nonpharmaceutical interventions, and emergency preparedness and response. Many trainings are available in webinar format or as self-paced, online courses. As a reminder, MRC TRAIN also offers a series of COVID-19 related trainings.
- 2019 MRC Deployment Readiness Guide: For those looking for best practices on readying their units in anticipation of deployment, this guide includes example checklists (pages 10-14) and actions to take before, during, and after deployment – activities such as ensuring correct points of contact, developing a notification process, setting deployment expectations, volunteer screening, and training. The guide also includes example orientation and activation emails that other MRC units have used. In addition, it may be helpful for volunteers to take the two brief MRC deployment readiness trainings referenced in the guide that cover the foundations of deployment activities. The courses are available on MRC TRAIN and take approximately 20 minutes to complete: Pre-Deployment (MRC TRAIN #1086867) and Deployment/Post-Deployment (MRC TRAIN #1086868). While we understand that deployment processes and trainings will vary by unit, those included in the guide can serve as a helpful resource and reference.
- Psychological First Aid: Supporting Yourself and Others During COVID-19: The uncertainty associated with a global health crisis like COVID-19 challenges everyone’s ability to cope. This course will help you to build resilience and support yourself and others through this crisis by reviewing basic principles of providing psychological first aid, including how to recognize and manage stress in yourself and in others and how to lend support to family members, friends and coworkers during and following the COVID-19 outbreak.