CAP Frequently Asked Questions


Do you have a question about CAP?

Many of your peers (i.e., other Pre-CAP and CAP students) have asked us the same types of questions very often.

At the ELI, we believe that it is important for all students to have accurate information. We have created this page to help you to find answers to your questions.

If you do not see the answer to your question, then contact

Basic CAP information and requirements

Pre-CAP vs. CAP students

English requirements




Exam requirements





F2 visas



Once I have been accepted as a CAP student, can I take a TOEFL exam to meet my English requirement early?

NO. CAP students do not need to take a TOEFL exam at any point during their time at the ELI. Once a CAP student has accepted the conditional admissions offer, the CAP partner college or university will not accept a TOEFL score from the student.

| Back to top |

Do I have to take a GMAT or GRE exam?

If your graduate program (Masters/PhD) requires a GMAT or a GRE exam as part of its admissions process, then you are required to take the exam.

Please check your acceptance letter to determine whether you need to submit a GMAT or GRE score.

In some cases, students are permitted to apply for the graduate program without a GMAT or GRE score; however, they are required to take the exam before they will be permitted to begin their full-time university study.

| Back to top |

Do I have to attend tutoring?

YES – All CAP students are required to attend tutoring.

| Back to top |

I have an F2 visa and I have been studying at the ELI part-time. Now I want to be a CAP student. Do I have to obtain an F1 visa?

YES – If you plan to become a full-time university student enrolled in a degree program, then you must obtain an F1 visa. Please request an appointment to see Jeanine Feltner for more information about your options to obtain an F1 visa.

| Back to top |

Comments are closed