Welcome to the Center for Counseling & Student Development
We’re here to support you through empowerment, advocacy, encouraging growth and change, building resilience, and fostering connection and engagement. CCSD programs and services are intended to help with one or more of the following: reducing psychological symptoms, coping with life events and developmental tasks, improving interpersonal skills and relationships and increasing self-knowledge and resilience. We are committed to equity and respect for individual and cultural differences. Most services are covered by the Student Health Fee that all full-time matriculated students pay.
1 in 9 UD students will seek counseling for:
– anxiety or depression
– changes in personal relationships with friends, family, romantic partners or roommates
– challenges with mood or behavior
– suicidal thoughts or actions
– chronic health concerns
– use of alcohol or drugs
– concerns about academic or career choices
CCSD staff regularly host workshops on topics including:
– communication skills
– understanding depression and suicide
– eating disorders and body image
– stress management
– career development and decision-making
– clarifying your values for career decisions
– conflict resolution
If you perceive an immediate danger or risk of suicide, call 911 for immediate assistance.
CCSD has daily emergency walk-in availability during business hours. Students can also reach mental health support 24 hours a day on the UD Helpline or the Crisis Text Line.