Congressman Carney’s office is looking for interns for the spring semester.
Positions are open in the Wilmington and Georgetown offices. Students would need to be available for 10-15 hours per week through the spring semester. Although the position is unpaid, the office covers parking and is flexible with scheduling. The internship can also be taken for course credit.
Applications will be due Friday, December 5. Interested students should email, fax or mail Albert Shields a copy of their resume and a cover letter. More information is on the website here: http://goo.gl/32pknS.
- Attend community meetings, business visits, and interviews with Congressman Carney.
- Assist staff with constituent requests, including summarizing case information and distributing to appropriate staff members, sending out privacy release forms, drafting letters on behalf of Congressman Carney to federal agencies asking for their assistance.
- Assist with press responsibilities, including drafting media advisories and press releases, tracking the Congressman’s print and online media presence, and helping to update the office social media sites.
- Drafting letters to constituents upon requests: Eagle Scout letters, Greetings and congratulations, Letters of recommendation/support
- Assist with policy research as appropriate