1. UD congratulates Professor Lydia Timmins and her students! The crew taking her “Broadcast News Documentary” course last year produced a documentary that is nominated for a local Emmy award! The 17–member class independently completed the entire project over the course of one semester: shooting, editing, and scripting the entire thing . Check out their work, “Grandma Never Texted”
2. Wisconsin Public Radio interviewed Professor Dannagal Young on July 18. Professor Columbia Journalism Review, “Lighten up: How satire will make American politics relevant again.” Hear what she had to say! – http://www.wpr.org/shows/satire-and-democracy
3. Did you know that Professor Lindsay Hoffman writes for the Huffington Post? Dr. Hoffman’s scholarly research focuses on media effects, political satire, and citizen use of internet technology to become more informed in their communities. Check out her latest article on the crisis in Syria here:
4. Prof. Scott Caplan uses hashtags in his classes and his students love it! It’s the “intergration” of social media and communication theory at it’s finest. Follow him @UdelCaplan
5. Prof. John Courtright has received the prestigious honor of being named editor of Human Communication Research. Prof. Courtright will begin his three year term in the journal’s (I inserted an apostrophe here -I’ve noticed an apostrophe habit that you should focus on) 39th volume.The International Communication Association publishes the journal; with over 3,500 members reading, it ranks as one of the top 10 journals in the field of human communication.