The 2018 Confucius Institute (CI) Scholarship now is accepting applications through the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware.
Categories of the 2018 scholarship include:
- Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL)
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study
- Scholarship for One-Semester Study
Click HERE to see the specific requirement for each category, admission dates and visa category information.
Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good physical and mental conditions and able to perform well both academically and behaviorally. Applicants should be between the ages of 16 and 35 on September 1st, 2018 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45 and undergraduate students shall not exceed the age limit of 25).
Recipients of the scholarship will be studying in Xiamen University, Xiamen, China.
Admission day will fall in either September 2018 or March 2019.
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance (four-week study students are excluded) and comprehensive medical insurance expenses. Other costs, including international travel, visa fee, textbook, sightseeing expenses may apply.
Living allowance is granted by the host institution on a monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
- The monthly allowance for undergraduates, one-academic-year study students and one-semester students is 2,500 CNY per person.
- For MTCSOL student, the monthly allowance is 3,000 CNY per person.
Click HERE to see more details about the scholarship coverage.
Applicants should apply for the scholarship through the Confucius Institute Scholarship website at http://cis.chinese.cn. Please create an account and log on. Search for recommending institutions “Xiamen University”, upload application materials and keep track of the application progress, feedback of review and admission results.
For all applicants, please provide:
- Scanned copy of passport photo page
- scanned copy of score reports of the HSK and HSKK tests (within the two-year validity).
- One recommendation letter by your academic adviser at UD or the UDCI’s Director
- A certification of the highest education diploma (or proof of expected graduation) and an official transcript.
- Applicants of the Scholarship for MTCSOL Students are required to provide two academic reference letters.
- Applicants currently worked as Chinese language teachers shall provide the proof of employment as well as a reference letter by the employing institution.
Please fill out the online application form and send a screen shot of the confirmation page to firstname.lastname@example.org to proceed.
Application Deadline: April 30th, 2017.
Please be advised that you will be asked to provide more documents once you pass the first round selection.
About Credit Transfer
Scholarship Recipients are required to consult their academic advisor as well as Dr. Haihong Yang, Credit Transfer Officer of the UD Chinese Program by phone 302-831-2580 or via email email@example.com about credit transfer in relation to their Chinese studies at Xiamen University before they leave for Xiamen.
Scholarship recipients must comply with UD’s credit transfer requirement. More information can be obtained fromhttp://www1.udel.edu/registrar/transfer/transins-intl-sa.html. Students must complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form before they leave.
About International Travel Insurance Requirement
Scholarship recipients must register in the Institute of Global Studies database and fulfill the University’s international travel insurance requirement before they leave for Xiamen University. Contact Karen Lundin, Academic Program Coordinator at IGS by phone 302-831-4399 via email firstname.lastname@example.org after the scholarship is confirmed.
About HSK Tests
All applicants are encouraged to take HSK tests before you apply. The Confucius Institute at UD offers HSK and HSKK tests throughout the year. Check HERE for HSK/HSKK related guidelines. Please contact Ms. Junli Gao (email Jennyusa81@gmail.com) for questions.
HSK & HSKK Test Dates in 2018 (UD Newark Campus)
Mar, 24 (+HSKK)
Jul, 14 (+HSKK)
Dec, 2 (+HSKK)