The 2016 Confucius Institute (CI) Scholarship now is accepting application through the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware.
Categories of the 2016 scholarship include:
1. Scholarship for Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (MTCSOL) Students
2. Scholarship for one-Academic-Year Study + MTCSOL Students
3. Scholarship for Bachelor’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages (BTCSOL) Students
4. Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Study Students
5. Scholarship for One-Semester Study Students
Click HERE to see the specific requirement for each category.
Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45, and applicants for bachelor degree seeking scholarship (BTCSOL) should be aged below 20).
Recipients of the scholarship can choose from a list of will be studying in Xiamen University, Xiamen, China.
Admission day is either on September 1st, 2016 or March 1st, 2017.
The Confucius Institute Scholarship provides full coverage on tuition fee, accommodation fee, living allowance and comprehensive medical insurance expenses.
Living allowance is granted by the host institution on monthly basis. The allowance criteria per person are:
- BTCSOL, One-Academic-Year Study, One-Semester Study: RMB2,500 (approx. USD380) per month
- MTCSOL: RMB3,000 (approx. USD460) per month
Click HERE to see more details about the scholarship coverage.
Applicants should create an account and log on to http://cis.chinese.cn, complete and submit the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form” online, and attach the electronic files of the following materials per instruction:
- Passport personal information page with photo.
- HSK, HSKK score reports.
- Notarized highest education diploma attained (scheduled graduation proof or official proof of student status).
- Official transcript.
- Personal Statement (please specify why you are interested in the scholarship and how it would benefit your future study and long term career goal)
- Name and contact information of at least two academic or professional references.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
Submit your application form, current resume, personal statement, and the names and contact information of at least two academic or professional references via email to firstname.lastname@example.org or drop it off at the UDCI’s office at 121 E Delaware Avenue, Newark, DE 19711.
Application Deadline: April 22, 2016.
Please be advised that you will be asked to provide more documents once you pass the first round selection. First round interview will be held in the week of April 25, 2016.
About Credit Transfer
Scholarship Recipients are required to consult their academic advisor as well as Dr. Haihong Yang, Credit Transfer Officer of the UD Chinese Program by phone 302-831-2580 or via email email@example.com about credit transfer in relation to their Chinese studies at Xiamen University before they leave for Xiamen.
Scholarship recipients must comply with UD’s credit transfer requirement. More information can be obtained from http://www.udel.edu/registrar/transfer/transins-intl-sa.html. Students must complete the Transfer Credit Evaluation Form before they leave.
About International Travel Insurance Requirement
Scholarship recipients must register in the Institute of Global Studies database and fulfill the University’s international travel insurance requirement before they leave for Xiamen University. Contact Karen Lundin, Academic Program Coordinator at IGS by phone 302-831-4399 via email firstname.lastname@example.org after the scholarship is confirmed.
About HSK Tests
All applicants are encouraged to take HSK tests. The Confucius Institute at UD will offer HSK and HSKK tests through out the year. Please contact Ms. Wenqian Chen (email email@example.com) for details at least seven business days before test date.
HSK & HSKK Test Dates in Spring 2016 (UD Newark Campus)
HSK: Feb 21; Mar 20; Apr 16; May 21; June 12
HSKK: Mar 20; May 21