Looking for something cool and special this summer? Visit China and explore the different but exciting language and culture!
The 2015 “Chinese Bridge Summer Camp for American High School Students” now is open to all 9th to 12th graders in the DE/PA/MD tri-state area for application. The summer camp is sponsored by Hanban/Confucius Institute Headquarters in cooperation with the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware for high school students to experience Chinese language and culture in China in the summer of 2015.
Camp Dates: July 16th to July 31th, 2015 (tentative)
Camp Destination Cities: Beijing and another city (your choice about either Chinese history, ethnic minorities, folk arts or martial arts)
Students shall meet the following qualifications:
(1) U.S. Citizenship;
(2) Aged between 14 and 18 and enrolled in grades 9 to 12;
(3) Chinese is not the first language and has less than 3 years of Chinese learning experience;
(4) Excellent academic record, and is interested in Chinese language and culture;
(5) Physically capable of and healthy enough for international travel.
Chaperones shall meet the following qualifications:
(1) K‐12 teaching experiences, preference will be given to Chinese language teachers;
(2) A wealth of student management experience;
(3) Have a good knowledge of Chinese culture and current conditions;
(4) Love teaching; responsible and compatible;
(5) Outstanding communication skills and adaptive capacity;
(6) Physically capable of and healthy enough for international travel.
Ratio of chaperons and students is 1:10.
Students and chaperone teachers are responsible for the costs of 1) round-trip international airfare, 2) international travel insurance and 2) Chinese visa fee. The Confucius Institute Headquarter will assume all other costs for accommodations, local transportation, and group activities and sightseeing for students and chaperone teachers during their stay in China.
HOW TO APPLY: Qualified applicants shall submit their application form (see below), a personal application letter and a recommendation letter from schools or teachers (Chaperones should also submit their resumes) to the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or mail to: The Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware, 121 E Delaware Ave, Newark, DE 19711.
Application Deadline: March 6, 2014
For more details click here:
2015 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp Announcement – UDCI (PDF)
If you have any question, please contact us at (302)831-7190/7188 or send email to email@example.com.
2015 Chinese Bridge Summer Camp for American High School Students is sponsored by Hanban (Headquarters of Confucius Institute) and coordinated by the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware.