Now it is the time to submit your application for the 2014 Confucius Institute Scholarship offered through the Confucius Institute at the University of Delaware
Categories of the 2014 scholarship include:
- Scholarship for Students of Master’s Degree in Teaching Chinese to Speakers of Other Languages（MTCSOL）
- Scholarship for One-Academic-Year Students
- Scholarship for One-Semester Students
Applicants shall be non-Chinese citizens in good health, aged between 16 and 35 (Chinese language teachers in post shall be aged below 45, and applicants for BTCSOL scholarship should be aged below 20).
Recipients of the scholarship can choose from a list of will be studying in Xiamen University, Xiamen, China.
All applicants are encouraged to take HSK tests. The Confucius Institute at UD will offer HSK tests on April 12 and May 10. Please contact Ms. Kuangbin Fan (email firstname.lastname@example.org) for details no later than March 21 for April tests and April 18 for May tests.
Scholarship winners are exempt from registration fees, tuition, fees for basic learning materials, accommodation fees on campus, and are provided with a one-off resettlement subsidy, monthly allowance, outpatient medical service and comprehensive insurance for foreign students studying in China. Monthly allowances are at the following rates (CNY Yuan per month):
- CNY 1,400 for One-Academic-Year Students and One-Semester Students.
- CNY 1,700 for Master’s Degree Students.
The one-off resettlement subsidy is CNY 1,500 for students who will study in China for one academic year or more; CNY1,000 will be provided to all students who studies in China for one semester; the one-off resettlement subsidy will not be provided to those who have studied in China for more than half a year before being enrolled.
Applicants should create an account and log on to http://cis.chinese.cn, complete and submit the “Confucius Institute Scholarship Application Form” online, and attach the electronic files of the following materials:
- Photocopy of passport photo page.
- Photocopies of HSK, HSKK score reports.
- Notarized highest education diploma attained (scheduled graduation proof or official proof of student status).
- Name and contact information of at least two academic or professional references.
- Applicants under the age of 18 shall submit relevant legal documents of entrusted legal guardians in China.
- Winners of the finals of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions for Foreign College Students and for Foreign High School Students in China shall submit the certificate of scholarship. Winners of preliminary rounds of the “Chinese Bridge” Chinese Proficiency Competitions in their countries shall submit award proof and a reference letter from the Chinese Embassy (or Consulate) in the competition area.
Please also submit your application form, current resume and personal statement (please specify why you are interested in the scholarship and how it would benefit your future study and long term career goal) via email to email@example.com or drop it off at the CIUD’s office on 121 E Delaware Avenue, Newark, DE 19711. Information inquiry please call 302-831-7188/7190.
Application Deadline: April 7, 2014
Please be advised that you will be asked to provide more documents once you pass the first round selection. First round interview will be held during the week of April 24, 2014.