In addition to Chinese language and culture classes, students in NSLI-Y’s Summer Institute of China will also have the opportunities to document their experiences in China in their own words. The E-Journal “Cultural Project – Reflections on China: My Personal Journey” is a integral component of the program.
The E-Journal project consists of three parts: 1) “journaling” the cross-cultural roller coaster; 2) documenting the journey; and 3) group presentation.
As part of the project, students will be required to document a specific topic on a weekly basis, including one written journal entry and one photo.
We selected several journal entries from the students for the July 4th trip. You may read them by clicking on the links below:
- Celebrating July 4th in China by Julie Novick-Lederer
- Shanghai Expedition by Brydon Qualls-Thomas （郭皓诚）
- July 4th in Shanghai by Rohan Doshi
- July 4th in Shanghai by Ali Harwood
- My Day on July 4th by David Bangs
- My Day on July 4th by Jay Prasad
Enjoy the posts!