How do I participate in research?
Currently, we are looking for people with aphasia to participate in two research studies:
1) about stress, coping (resilience), and participation in life; and
2) to help us test a new scale of resilience for individuals with aphasia.
Study session can take place online (using Zoom) or at UD STAR Campus. In some cases we can come to you.
Research participants will attend 1-3 appointments (about 1.5-2 hours long) to take tests of language and thinking, and complete questionnaires about stress, coping, and life participation. For Study 2, research participants will be asked interview questions. All research activities are provided with communication support tailored to the individual.
If you have aphasia following a stroke or other brain injury (at least 6 months ago) and are at least 21 years old, please call 302-831-1212 or email AphasiaLab@udel.edu to learn more.
I have scheduled an in-person research session. Where can I find you?
After you have scheduled an appointment for a research study, please come to the UD Tower at STAR:
100 Discovery Boulevard, 6th Floor, Newark, DE 19713
- Park in a visitor spot (south end of UD STAR Campus)
- Enter the Tower, and walk straight to elevators
- Take the elevator to the 6th floor
- Have a seat in the waiting room. We will come get you.
- If you have trouble finding us, call our lab at (302) 831-1212