Date: July 31, 2018
Participants: Kelly, Priscilla and Dr. Hoober
Location: DBI 205
Minutes by: Kelly Mulholland
The goal of this meeting was to discuss BiSA plans for the upcoming year with Dr. Hoober.
– The BiSA website and the importance of it being updated and functioning before the new graduate student orientation (August 23). Dr. Hoober has sent us all of the photos she has collected from 2017 that we can use for the site.
– Reaching out to students to inquire about the awards (internal and/or external) that they have received during their time here at UD.
– Creating an Alumni page to showcase the interesting and unique positions our former students have obtained after leaving this program.
– BiSA Officers should plan to attend the Resource Fair at the New Graduate Student Orientation on August 23 11:30-12:45pm in Clayton Hall.
– BiSA Officers will be presenting at the Bioinformatics New Student Orientation on August 27. We will be discussing the website/facebook group, Google group, previous and future events, etc.
The focus of our next meeting will be on the BiSA presentation and finishing up the website.
Officers will continue working on the site: Wenbo on the Events and Meetings pages, Priscilla on the website design, Kelly on the Home and Officers pages and Juniper will work on linking the BiSA Calendar.