Welcome to the website of New Visions for Public Affairs, a student-run organization of the School of Public Policy and Administration at the University of Delaware. Founded in 2008, our organization publishes a scholarly journal comprised of student academic writing on topics related to public policy and public administration. 2018 marks the 10-year anniversary of the journal. The tenth issue is geared towards a renewed focus on systematic evidence-based policy oriented research.
The mission of NVPA is to encourage graduate students to contribute to a pluralistic understanding of policy mechanisms and outcomes by providing unique perspectives in the domains of social justice, economic development and the political processes that underlie public policy. We invite you to read Volume 10 of our annual publication or browse our archives. While all submissions related to public policy are welcome, the journal seeks content related to:
- Governance mechanisms and policy making processes
- Recent developments in research, scholarship and practice within public policy
- Public administration, public management, government and administrative politics
- Social justice, political representation and criminal justice system reform
- Public health, health policy and health services research
- Education policy and system reform
- Urban planning and policy
Every year the NVPA also holds a research symposium where authors whose submissions are published in the journal are invited to present their research to their peers and faculty. To view photos from our most recent research symposium, click here.
Thank you for visiting our website, and for your interest in the NVPA.