Event Summary: Aligning for Better Health Symposium
On January 14, we held the Aligning for Better Health Symposium, which featured a panel highlighting collaborative work happening in each of Delaware’s three counties. Continuing this conversation, breakout sessions were held to gather information about the current health needs and existing programs in each county.
Throughout the day we heard presentations from:
- Dr. Kara Odom Walker, Secretary of the Delaware Department of Health and Social Services (View the slides.)
- John Auerbach, President and CEO of Trust for America’s Health (View the slides.)
- U.S. Senator Christopher Coons
- Delaware Governor John Carney
- Dr. Steven W. Peuquet and Dr. Karyl Rattay (View the slides.)
Over 170 people attended the event. Your attendance and participation made this day a success! Together we celebrated Delaware’s collaborative work and identified how to best move forward in improving the health and well-being of Delaware. View the event program for more details.
Special Thanks to the Planning Team
Thank you to our student volunteers, Alisia Drew, Melany Justice and Thomas Scott, and to the HCD Development Team, Signe Bell, Sarah Bercaw, Cassandra Codes-Johnson, Gina Crist, Susan Frank, Liddy Garcia-Bunuel, Lisa Henry, Roger Hesketh, Eric Jacobson, Nancy Mears, Kathleen Nolan, Julia O’Hanlon, Steven Peuquet, Sarah Pragg, Elisabeth Scheneman, Brian Rahmer, Karyl Rattay, Mimi Rayl, Jane Vincent and Sarah Warkentin.