August 24: Pearson 116 reopening
Beginning August 24, 2022, your favorite Welcome Bar and gathering space will reopen for faculty and all those that teach at UD. The ATS Commons in Pearson 116, hosted by IT Academic Technology Services, will be open Monday through Friday from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Staff will be on-site and ready to assist with your questions about instructional design, Canvas, Zoom, UD Capture, Poll Everywhere, and more. You can also stop by to use the meeting rooms, work tables, lounge, sandbox classroom—or just drop in for coffee and conversation!
Learn more about the Pearson 116 re-opening.
REMINDER: Conclusion of courses will take place on August 22
We’re just two weeks away from the first annual conclusion of Canvas sites for catalog courses—including catalog course sites from 2012 when our Canvas instance was created through summer 2017. Starting August 22, 2022, a new process will help many faculty and students who have seen an increasingly long list of courses in their All Courses list and want them removed.
Prepare for the upcoming Canvas course conclusion.
- Introducing UD Capture +Zoom for fall 2022: this fall UD Capture is being upgraded to include Zoom capability in certain central classrooms. Instructors scheduled in a UD Capture +Zoom-upgraded classroom can now have an integrated Zoom meeting for their class with all the equipment needed for a hybrid teaching environment. If your class is scheduled in one of the updated rooms, review this page before your first class and follow the important steps in the checklist.
- Respondus Lockdown Browser and Monitor expired on July 31, 2022. Be sure to remove Respondus from your Canvas courses.
- If you’re unsure of the difference between combining course sections versus course components, we created a post to refresh your memory.
- The feedback we received from the faculty survey on educational technology earlier this year has been vital in helping us to better understand the technology needs of instructors and students. See what we’ve learned and how we’re working to further improve the services we offer to support teaching and learning.
Did you know:
- The deadline to request UD Capture Classroom recording for your fall courses is Monday, August 29 at noon. Submit your request by Aug. 29 to ensure your first sessions are recorded. Requests made after the deadline may be delayed.
- The ATS Virtual Welcome Bar continues to be available to assist all UD instructors. Visit our web page for details, available hours, and the virtual meeting link.
Keep Calm and Teach On (KCTO) is coming soon. Read about the workshops and register.
- KCTO virtual workshops: August 17-19
- KCTO Classroom Orientation Sessions: August 22, 23 & 25
We have a variety of upcoming workshops. Check out our workshop calendar to learn more and register.