Leave a Comment
Posted on February 17, 2021
The Pete Dye River Course of Virginia Tech is seeking a motivate individual to join our team as Assistant Superintendent. We are looking for someone who wants to advance their career, is passionate about their job and willing to learn. We do our best to accomplish our tasks in a timely manner each day so that this job doesn’t consume your life.
WHAT WE ARE:
- The Pete Dye River Course is a semi-private, daily fee facility and is open to the public.
- We are a cool season golf course with L-93 greens, fairways and tees, tall fescue/Kentucky bluegrass rough, and fine fescue native areas.
- 2.5 mile frontage on the New River and surrounded by the Appalachian Mountains, outdoor opportunities abound.
- The setting of the Pete Dye River Course offers unmatched facilities and scenery to enhance any event. From a 10-person Board Meeting or Retreat to a 150-person reception on our spectacular terrace, we’re prepared to entertain and impress your guests.
- Located in Radford, VA. 10 minutes from Radford University and 18 minutes from Virginia Tech and Blacksburg, VA
- A two or four year degree in Turfgrass Management/related field or currently enrolled in a Turfgrass Program required.
- One year of golf course experience
- Management and organization skills
- Computer Knowledge
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels
- Must be comfortable and willing to “roll up the sleeves” and lead by positive example
- Be available to work weekends, holidays, morning and evenings when needed
- Ability to calibrate spreaders and sprayers
- Hand watering experience preferred
- Be willing to learn most of all
- Show up to work on time and put forth effort
- Preform all facets of golf course maintenance
- Lead the crew by example
- Apply pesticides/fertilizers and identify pest issues
- Assist the superintendent with planning
- Identify needs on the golf course
- Train new employees proper methods