Summit Bridge Club April Report

At the April 13th  meeting we had an amazing turn out, but sadly some of our beloved members were absent.

WE HAVE 3 NEW MEMBERS: SAMAAD BAKER, Stacy Robinson AND LITTLE RYLAN O’HOP

Liam O’Hop led the Pledge of Allegiance while Rylan helped to lead the 4-H pledge for us. I had the pleasure of talking about the Delmarva Poultry Fanciers 40TH Show on my Pop Pop’s behalf.

Then we started to introduce ourselves to our new members and they did the same for us. I think I’m speaking for the whole club when I say little Will Apps seemed to have an amazing time!!! Ag Day was a great success. Thank you to all the club members who turned out to help with our booth!  It was a great day! Mrs. Shaffer informed us that Andrew was in D.C. with National Conference and she would like us to take the time to think about applying for this when we are a sophomore or junior in high school. Mrs.Apps took the time to talk to us about amounts of sugar in certain items, and the same with salt. The kids did a test that identified where on your tongue certain tastes are discovered. The kids seemed to enjoy it until they got to the coffee which was very bitter, and way too strong. Then the kids tried out the blind skittles challenge, in which they had to wear a blind fold and guess what flavor it was. In the final minutes of the meeting the kids enjoyed some popcorn provided by Mr.Apps. We should give our thanks to the whole Apps “clan”.

Big thanks to all the members who participated in this amazing meeting!!!!!!!!

Written by Kiersten O’Hop