NEW CASTLE COUNTY 2023 SCHOLARSHIP PROGRAM NOW OPEN!
New Castle County is committed to supporting students pursuing undergraduate college degrees with scholarships to help defray their educational costs. This program will offer awards of $500 to $3,000. To be eligible you must be a New Castle County resident who is currently enrolled or who will attend an accredited College or University in the Fall of 2023. The deadline to submit an application is March 24, 2023.
1. Must reside in New Castle County (including within the City of Wilmington or other municipalities)
2. Must demonstrate financial need and provide supporting evidence by submitting the following:
- FAFSA Student Aid Report
- Most recent filed 1040 Tax Return
- Benefits Verification letter or statement
3. Candidates must be pursuing or currently enrolled in an accredited post-secondary undergraduate degree program OR be a graduating high school senior who has been accepted to attend an accredited post-secondary degree program starting in Fall 2023.
Family members (of the applicant) who are also enrolled in post-secondary degree programs are encouraged to apply. Submitting multiple applications from the same household is acceptable.
WILLIAM & ELLEN ANN VANERWENDE MEMORIAL SCHOLARSHIP
This scholarship is being presented by the family, in memory of William and Ellen Vanderwende, who both
enjoyed the Delaware State Fair (DSF) and felt that higher education was important. It will be presented at
the Herdsmen’s Breakfast which is normally held the final Saturday of the Delaware State Fair.
Eligibility Requirements for Applicants of the Scholarship:
-A rising college junior or senior. Must have completed a minimum of 60 college credits. Any major is
-A current junior exhibitor in the Dairy, Sheep, Goat, Swine or Beef Departments of the DSF.
-You can only receive this scholarship one time.
Delaware State Fair Exhibitors Scholarships
The Delaware 4-H Foundation will award a scholarship to be known as the Delaware
State Fair Junior Exhibitor Scholarship for the academic year 2023-2024.
The minimum amount of this award will be $500.