Scholarship opportunity for high school seniors:
The 1st State Antique Tractor Club is offering a scholarship. The deadline for application is April 15.
For details and application, please visit:
There are also 2 other scholarships with upcoming deadlines:
- The Delaware 4-H Foundation Scholarship ~ Deadline 5/1/18
- Daisy 4-H Shooting Sports Scholarship~ Deadline 4/30/18
Applications/announcements are attached and are also updated on our website: http://extension.udel.edu/4h/academic-scholarships/
Finally, the deadline for the M. Katherine Jones Memorial Fund is July 1.
- The grant, in the amount of $300, known as the M. Katherine Jones Memorial Fund, is administered by the new Castle County Association for Family and Community Education.
- It shall be awarded to a New Castle County resident who has graduated or is graduating from high school, and has been accepted at an accredited Delaware college or university.
- The applicant should provide name, address, phone number and contact email (if you have one).
- The applicant must provide a statement of why he/she wants the scholarship.
- The applicant must provide a statement of community service and school accomplishments. If a member of a club such as 4-H, provide information about accomplishments as a member of this organization.
- The applicant must supply names and addresses of three references one of which may be a representative from the club/organization of which the applicant was a member.
- The applicant should arrange for a copy of the latest transcript (high school or college) to be sent to the chairperson of the memorial fund committee.
- The grant shall be a gift for one year.
- Reapplication in subsequent years can be considered.
- Application must be made by July 1 for the upcoming academic year.
- If no applicant is accepted for the academic year, the New Castle County Association for Family and Community Education may determine how the fund should be distributed.
A competitive grant from the New Castle County Association for Family and Community Education is available to a New Castle County resident who has graduated or is graduating from high school, and accepted at an accredited college or university for the upcoming academic year.
If you are interested in applying for this competitive grant, write to:
46 West Village Rd.
Newark, DE 19713
Your letter of application should include:
- Your contact information
- A statement about why you want the grant.
- Your aspirations for the future.
- Community service, school and club/group (like 4-H) accomplishments.
- The names, addresses, and phone numbers of at least three (3) references, at least one of whom should be associated with the club or organization of which you are a member.
- An official document of previous academic performance (high school or college transcript).
The application should be received by April 30 so that the grant can be available for the beginning of the upcoming fall semester.
Very truly yours,
Maria R. Pippidis
Family and Consumer Science Educator
New Castle County Extension Director