February – 4-H Space Exploration
Will Food Grow in Space? Experiment!
- Small Sealable Bag (sandwich or snack size)
- Paper Towel
- Water (in a small glass)
- Pantry Seeds (Beans, quinoa, popcorn, etc.)
- Cut the paper towel twice the size of the bag.
- Wad the paper towel and dip it in the water, gently wring it out
- Flatten out the wet paper towel, and place 3-5 seeds on the paper towel and fold it in half
- Carefully place the paper towel with seeds into the zippered bag and seal
- Label the bag with the type of seeds and date.
Watch the Video for additional facts and supporting information! https://edpuzzle.com/embed/media/5f887997da209c412ed0cef3
Other 4-H Space Activities: https://4-h.org/about/4-h-at-home/space-exploration/