State Fair Entries Open at 9 am, April 1
See the 2021 Delaware State Fair Newsletter below:
Please use the below link and register under 4-H.
Please note: We don’t have access to the Fair exhibit registration site and therefore, cannot assist you with registration issues. For questions, please call the Fair directly at 302-398-3269.
We are also pleased to announce a new class:
Class 240 Poster Promoting Teens to seek Emotional and Mental Health Treatment (when needed)
The Delaware Division of Public Health (DPH) is sponsoring a poster contest to promote teens to seek emotional and mental health treatment, when needed. Unfortunately, there is oftentimes a stigma associated with mental illness, emotional disturbances and seeking treatment. Youth and adolescents need to know they can request assistance when dealing with mental illness – and not feel ashamed about it. Young adults should feel comfortable when asking for help when dealing with mental or emotional concerns and should never feel embarrassed.
Mental illnesses can affect a person’s thinking, feeling, mood, or behaviors. Some of the major types of mental illness are depression, anxiety, schizophrenia, bipolar mood disorder, personality disorders, and eating disorders. For more information on major types of mental illness, visit: https://kids.delaware.gov/pbhs/youth-and-teens.shtml
All youth/adolescents ages 11 to 19, are encouraged to submit an original design that helps reduce the stigma associated with seeking treatment for mental illness.
Posters will be evaluated based on the following rules:
1. Submissions should provide a clear and understandable message in a concise format.
2. The message portrayed should be easy to read. Letters and words should be clear and legible.
3. Language used should be appropriate for age group.
4. Exhibits should use 14” x 22” poster board, using the entire space on the page.
5. Any medium or combination of media may be used, including crayons, line drawings, watercolor, paint, etc.
6. No coloring book or traced drawings.
7. Computer generated images are acceptable.
8. Artwork must be the artist’s original creation.
9. Exhibits must be entered by individuals only.
10. Do not fold entries.
11. One cash prize will be awarded by DPH to the first place winner. A check will be mailed to the winner after the 2021 Delaware State Fair. The winning exhibit, along with all entries, will be advertised on our Maternal and Child Health website, https://dethrives.com in addition to our other social media platforms.